Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Double benefit poker run this weekend
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- August 29th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- August 28th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 27th, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 26th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- August 24th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- August 21st, 2009 (Friday) - 11 articles
- August 20th, 2009 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- August 19th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 18th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 14th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 13th, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- August 12th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- August 11th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 10th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 7th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 6th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- August 5th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- August 4th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Double benefit poker run this weekend|
The first Waves N Wheels double poker run will be held Saturday, Aug. 8.
Proceeds benefit the Jake Owen Raborn Foundation and will also be used to raise awareness of responsible recreation.
Phase 1 of the event will see motorcycle riders depart from Bayou Powersports. They will travel throughout Ouachita Parish, stopping to collect playing cards at various pre-determined businesses. Riders will proceed across the Ouachita River through West Monroe until the final stop at The Monroe Civic Center.
Phase 2 consists of a flotilla of all types of watercraft. The group will depart from the Forsythe boat ramp. The flotilla will travel up and down the Ouachita River, from Sterlington southward to Prairion Bayou, also collecting a card at each of eight pre-determined stops.
An extra no-card stop will be held at The Arena in West Monroe. Special drawings will be held for cash prizes.
Registration begins at 9 a.m. with an invocation prior to the first bike out at 11 a.m.
There is a $25 per hand entry fee. Best hand wins $250. Second best hand wins $150. Third best hand wins $100. Hand prizes are donated by Bobby's ATV Cycle City. Door prizes will also be given out.
Customized motorcycles in all shapes and sizes will be traveling past viewing areas as they make their way around the course. The boats can be viewed from viewing stands set up on both sides of the river. Certain stops will have live music, food and other entertainment.
The after party will be held at the Monroe Civic Center and will include an awards presentation, free food, a cash bar, games, live music, karaoke and more. On-site security will be provided.
For more information, call Mike Battaglia at 381-0406; Kenny Justice at 372-2900; or Shane Wright at 381-0339.
Information is also available online at www.wavesnwheelsmonroe.com.