Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Downtown Gallery Crawl today, Aug. 6
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- August 29th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- August 28th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- August 27th, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- August 26th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 13 articles
- August 24th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- August 21st, 2009 (Friday) - 11 articles
- August 20th, 2009 (Thursday) - 13 articles
- August 19th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- August 18th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- August 14th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 13th, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- August 12th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- August 11th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- August 10th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- August 7th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- August 6th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- August 5th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- August 4th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Downtown Gallery Crawl today, Aug. 6|
Downtown Monroe and West Monroe is the site of the Aug. 6 Downtown Gallery Crawl, sponsored by Lu San Sushi.
The event features food, music and refreshments.
There is no charge to attend and the public is invited.
The Monroe Transit's Downtown Trolley will be taking passengers between all the venues, free of charge for the evening.
Attendees who buy original, signed artwork in the Downtown Cultural Districts of Monroe and West Monroe, will pay no sales taxes. Patrons may take advantage of the state incentive at any time, not just during Crawl events.
The featured galleries are as follows:
Arender Gallery (131 N. 2nd St, Monroe)
"Pentimento: The Champs Elysees-Clemenceau Metro Wall" by Kate Sartor Hilburn Photography. The renovation of the Paris Metro took place in 2005. Surfaces had patinated into a collage whose elements spanned more than a century of styles, layers, water damage, time and markings. These images are priceless, created from years of use by thousands of Parisians and were only exposed three weeks.
Becton Gallery (130 N. 2nd St, Monroe)
Emory Nolan Paintings, Margaret Becton Mixed Media Paintings
Livaudais Studio (122 S. Grand St, Monroe)
"Enigmatic Windows" Photography by Jenny Burnham and Lauren Ward, who will each present and discuss their work at 6pm. This gallery will also be open the following Friday and Saturday, noon until 6pm.
Lu San' Sushi (Washington Plaza, 300 Washington St, Monroe)
Margaret Becton & Jeff Hatch Mixed Media Paintings, plus free samples and appetizers.
Masur Museum (1400 S. Grand St.)
Currently showing its 46th Annual Juried Exhibitionwill be open until 7 p.m.
Mystic Art Gallery (137 N. 2nd St, Monroe)
"Off Center" Andrea May, Lou Davenport, Megan McClanahan, Leah Reitzell, plus three young artists.
Ouachita River Art Gallery (308 Trenton St, West Monroe)
Featured Artist Margaret Ellerman Paintings; Plus 30 Artist's Co-Op Members Showing a variety of media.
Sugar Gallery (135 N. 2nd St, Monroe)
Edmund Williamson Paintings, Damon Adcock Photography & Paintings & Diane Rosenberg Jewelry
Vantage Tower (130 DeSiard St, Monroe)
"Heart Gallery" Reception Photography featuring children available for adoption.
For more information, DowntownGalleryCrawl.com