Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Gordon, Majure marry
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- July 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 17th, 2009 (Friday) - 11 articles
- July 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- July 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- July 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- July 11th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2009 (Friday) - 6 articles
- July 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Gordon, Majure marry|
Stacey Leigh Gordon and John Keith Majure exchanged vows in a double ring ceremony at Christ Community Church in Ruston on June 27, 2009.
The bride is the daughter of Mrs. Lisa Trussell of Ruston and Mr. Tim Gordon of West Monroe. She is the granddaughter of Mr. and Mrs. Chalmes Williams of West Monroe and the Rev. and Mrs. Bob Gordon of Hartselle, Ala.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Keith Majure of West Monroe. He is the grandson of the late Mr. and Mrs. W.W. Majure, Warren Lorenz, of Sun City, Ariz., and the late Marian Lorenz.
The ceremony was performed by Rev. Mark Fenn with music by provided by pianist Coralie White, Jack White on the trumpet, soloist and guitarist Matthew Gordon and soloist Lauren Davis of Lexington, Ky. Amy Savarese of St. Augustine, Fla. read scripture during the ceremony.
The bride, escorted by her father, wore a gown created with all-over Ivory Renaissance lace. The fitted hourglass silhouette featured a sweetheart cut strapless neckline and a double band of satin at the waist detailed with cluster beading. Intricate beading, including Swarovski crystals, seed pearls and silver seed beads completely adorned the re-embroidered French lace skirt which gracefully extended to a chapel train. Scalloped Venetian lace encircled the hem, adding the final touch of elegance. Her classic veil of Ivory Parisian tulle was encircled with scalloped silver floss embroidery. Her bouquet was hand tied of white mini callas, Esperance roses, cymbidium orchids and pale green hydrangea.
Members of the bridal party were Christie Bowman, Dallas, Texas, maid of honor; and bridesmaids Courtney Brasfield, Erin Carmichael, Melissa Nunnally, all of St. Augustine, Fla., Brandi DeYoung of New Orleans, and Amanda Gordon, and Sara Taylor, both from West Monroe. The attendants wore identical after-five rouched sheath style dresses of sable tissue taffeta by Bill Levkoff. The portrait neckline with off-the-shoulder styling complimented the empire bodice. They carried hand tied bouquet of garnet mini callas, Esperance roses, pale green hydrangea, and fiddle head fern. Flower girl was Landry Taylor, who carried an ivory covered basket with rose petals. Honor attendants were Marisa Ball and Sarah Duffy both from St. Augustine, Fla.
Warren Majure of West Monroe, brother of the groom , served as best man. The groomsmen were Jeffrey Gordon, Matt Vickery of West Monroe, Matthew Gordon of Ruston, Stuart Heflin of Natchez, Miss., John Mitchell, and Reed White of Monroe.
Ushers were Michael Heflin of Baton Rouge and Michael Wiggins of West Monroe.
The wedding reception was held at Squire Creek Country Club in Choudrant. After a honeymoon to Roatan, Honduras, the couple will reside in West Monroe.
Photo by Dawson Photography