Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Outback Golf Classic events start Friday at ULM
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- July 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 17th, 2009 (Friday) - 11 articles
- July 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- July 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- July 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- July 11th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2009 (Friday) - 6 articles
- July 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Outback Golf Classic events start Friday at ULM|
ULM News Services
The annual ULM Outback Classic is set for July 10-11 on ULM's campus and at the Southern Pines Golf Course. The two-day event features a golf tournament, dinner, live auction and silent auction to benefit the ULM men's and women's golf programs.
The dinner and auction will be held in Fant-Ewing Coliseum on Friday night beginning at 6:30 p.m., while the golf tournament will take place on Saturday at Southern Pines with tee times at 8 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
"This is our biggest fundraising event of the season," ULM director of golf Ashley Tonore said. "All of the money raised goes to support both the men's and women's programs. The weekend is always a lot of fun and we are looking forward to another great event."
For those who don't wish to play golf, tickets for the dinner and auction are only $100 per couple with the food provided by Outback Steakhouse. Pairings for the golf tournament will also be announced during the evening.
Some of the items up for auction will be a trip to travel with the ULM football team to Tempe, Ariz., for the Warhawks' game against Arizona State, a travel package to the 2009 PGA Tour Championship, a golfing package at Trump National, a riding lawnmower and official ULM team gear. The night will include at least 19 live auction items and nearly 100 silent auction items.
Saturday's golf tournament will be a four-person scramble and teams can register for only $800 with prizes going to the top three teams in each flight. There will also be contests for closest to the hole and longest drive during the event.
Refreshments on Friday and Saturday will be provided courtesy of Marsala Beverage and the Ouachita Coca-Cola Bottling Company.