Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: CenturyTel, Embarq merger complete
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- July 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- July 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- July 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 17th, 2009 (Friday) - 11 articles
- July 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 4 articles
- July 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- July 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- July 11th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- July 10th, 2009 (Friday) - 6 articles
- July 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 20 articles
- July 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- July 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- July 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|CenturyTel, Embarq merger complete|
CenturyTel, Inc. and Embarq Corporation late last week announced that CenturyTel's pending acquisition of EMBARQ received approval from the Federal Communications Commission.
The merger now has received all necessary approvals, and the companies expect the merger to be effective on July 1.
"The FCC's approval is a significant and exciting milestone toward completing the merger," said Glen Post III, CenturyTel's chairman and chief executive officer. "It has been a rigorous review process and we are pleased to have the FCC's approval and recognition that the combination of CenturyTel and EMBARQ offers many benefits to our customers and the communities we serve."
"We have committed to the FCC that we will remain focused on infrastructure development and broadband deployment after completion of the merger," said Tom Gerke, EMBARQ's chief executive officer. "Our combined company is committed to investing in our communities and providing our customers high-quality, reliable communications and expanded broadband services."
Gov. Bobby Jindal added, "I want to congratulate CenturyTel and its leadership for successfully completing a merger with EMBARQ to form CenturyLink. CenturyLink will be recognized as one of the country's leading telecommunications companies – based right here in Monroe, Louisiana."
"Now that the merger is complete, CenturyLink also will become Louisiana's third Fortune 500 company – joining Entergy and The Shaw Group.
"I especially want to thank Glen Post and his board of directors for choosing Monroe as the headquarters for the new company. This news adds to a series of recent major economic development wins for northeast Louisiana. Combined, these wins will create thousands of good-paying jobs, enhance the region's competitiveness and significantly expand its economy."