Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Monroe hosts TNA
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- June 25th, 2009 (Thursday) - 18 articles
- June 24th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 7 articles
- June 23rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- June 22nd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- June 20th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- June 19th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- June 18th, 2009 (Thursday) - 19 articles
- June 17th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 4 articles
- June 16th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 13th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- June 12th, 2009 (Friday) - 12 articles
- June 11th, 2009 (Thursday) - 9 articles
- June 10th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- June 9th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- June 7th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- June 6th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- June 5th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- June 4th, 2009 (Thursday) - 14 articles
- June 3rd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- June 2nd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- June 1st, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Monroe hosts TNA|
Total Nonstop Action Wrestling will bring their Impact! Live tour to the Monroe Civic Center on July 24.
Tickets are on sale now at all Ticketmaster outlets and the Monroe Civic Center box office.
TNA is best known for being nationally televised every Thursday night on Spike Television.
Former WWE Intercontinental and European Champion Jeff Jarrett began the organization with financial support by actress Dixie Carter of "Designing Women" fame.
Ticket prices will range from $20 in the upper deck, $35 lower level and $50 per ringside seat.
Special family pricing will also be available with $31 ringside seats and $16 upper deck seats available when someone purchases four or more seats together.
Along with Jarrett, Former Ring Of Honor and TNA world heavyweight champion Samoa Joe and 1996 Olympic wrestling gold medalist Kurt Angle are scheduled to appear in Monroe.
Team 3D, the most prolific tag team in pro wrestling history with a record 21 tag team championship reigns are also scheduled to appear on the show.
Fan favorites such as Eric Young, A.J. Styles, and Booker T are also scheduled to appear.
Next to the World Wrestling Entertainment promotion, TNA is the most well-known and profitable professional wrestling promotion in North America.
TNA began with weekly pay-per-view events in 2002 running exclusively out of Nashville, Tenn.
The promotion eventually worked out a weekly television deal with Fox Sports and later Spike TV to reach a world-wide audience.
The company now runs a monthly pay-per-view in the classic pro wrestling mold and national television tapings for Spike take place twice a month at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla.
The promotion has seen a huge up-swing in popularity since adding the six-sided ring to their shows instead of the traditional four-sided ring used throughout the history of professional wrestling.
The idea of the six-sided ring came from a promotion in Mexico that TNA decided to emulate here in America.
The additions of future hall-of-fame performers Kurt Angle, Sting, Booker T, and Kevin Nash over the past four years have also contributed to the company's rise to wrestling notoriety.
The night before the Monroe show, TNA will run a show in Bossier City.
Louisiana's events are a warm-up run for TNA's European tour of Austria, Germany, Ireland, and Switzerland.
This will be the second TNA live show at the Monroe Civic Center in the last year as the promotion also ran a show in the arena on July 21, 2008.