Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Gulick, Hocker exchange vows
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- May 31st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 28th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- May 27th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- May 26th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- May 24th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- May 23rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 21st, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- May 20th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 19th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 14th, 2009 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 13th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 11th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 9th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2009 (Friday) - 5 articles
- May 7th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- May 6th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 5th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Gulick, Hocker exchange vows|
Jane Delmar Gulick and Warner Vandergriff Hocker exchanged marriage vows on May 23, 2009, at Ormond Plantation in Destrehan. Dr. Paul E. Gregoire Jr. officiated the double-ring ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Dr. Thomas Gulick of West Monroe and Dr. Janis Gulick of Monroe. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Walter C. Gulick of Baton Rouge and the late Mr. and Mrs. Leon B. Johnson of Alexandria.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Wesley Hocker of Houston, Texas. He is the grandson of the late Mr. and Mrs. Tom Hocker of Portland, Texas and Mr. and Mrs. H. Don Zapp of Houston.
Given in marriage by her parents and escorted by her father, the bride wore an elegant ivory chiffon V-neck gown with a flowing chapel-length train. Her fingertip-length veil of silk illusion was adorned with ivory satin trim. She carried a hand-tied bouquet of white tulips wrapped in white satin ribbon.
Melissa Hester of Lake Charles served as maid of honor. Serving as bridesmaids were Sarah Bremner, Victoria Burke, Kate Dixon, Sarah Campbell Grant and Nell Rebowe. The attendants wore simple light blue satin tea-length dresses and carried bouquets of white tulips tied with light blue satin ribbon. Lacey Millet greeted guests with wedding programs.
Sam Bethea of The Woodlands, Texas, served as best man. Groomsmen were Matthew Blissett, Matthew Chanarin, Hollis Ghobrial, Michael Reavey and Tim Tarpley. Serving as ushers were Ben Gulick and John Gulick, brothers of the bride, and Sean Tucker, cousin of the bride. The groom's party wore black single-vested tuxedos with black vests and black neckties, accented with white boutonnieres.
Music for the ceremony was provided by Chamber Music Enterprises of New Orleans and featured a string trio and trumpet soloist.
The wedding reception followed the ceremony at the plantation, where the guests enjoyed a buffet of local favorites and danced to the music of the Boogie Men of New Orleans.
The bride is a graduate of St. Frederick High School, Vanderbilt University, and LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans. She will begin her medical residency at LSU-Shreveport in July.
The groom is a graduate of the John Cooper School in Houston, the University of Texas, and the University of Edinburgh. He currently attends South Texas College of Law and is a senior clerk for the Mithoff Law Firm in Houston.
Following their honeymoon travels to South Korea, Thailand and South Africa, the couple will make their home in Houston.