Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OCOG considers $398K budget
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- May 31st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 28th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- May 27th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- May 26th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- May 24th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- May 23rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 21st, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- May 20th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 19th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 14th, 2009 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 13th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 11th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 9th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2009 (Friday) - 5 articles
- May 7th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- May 6th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 5th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|OCOG considers $398K budget|
Ouachita Council of Governments introduced its 2009-10 fiscal year budget Monday with expectations to officially adopt it next month.
OCOG's proposed budget for fiscal year 2009-10 is $398,306. The new fiscal year begins July 1.
The cities of Monroe and West Monroe, along with the Ouachita Parish Police Jury contribute funding to OCOG each year.
For fiscal year 2009-10, the city of Monroe will provide $68,647, the city of West Monroe will provide $20,640, while the police jury will contribute $32,205.
David Creed, OCOG's executive director, said the amount of money available from the Federal Highway Administration has decreased for the upcoming fiscal year. That means the match money the three local governmental entities are required to provide OCOG decreased, Creed said.
Federal highway funding that local governments get depends on the amount the state receives from FHA, Creed said.
"The state then reallocates it and we get a portion of it," Creed said.
Last fiscal year, OCOG got an additional $70,000 in federal highway money. The police jury was responsible for most of the matching funds last year to acquire the federal highway dollars. The parish's matching funds were roughly $6,000 to obtain the additional $70,000 in highway funding.
Overall, Creed said the 2009-10 fiscal year budget was typical of OCOG's budgets in prior years.
New this fiscal year is a $10,000 FTA grant to allow OCOG to begin reaching out to rural areas to determine their public transportation needs.
Creed and his staff plan to host community meetings in rural areas to visit with other governmental officials about their needs. The first meeting will be held in June.