Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Thoughts are seeds to future
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- May 31st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 28th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- May 27th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- May 26th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- May 24th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- May 23rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 21st, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- May 20th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 19th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 14th, 2009 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 13th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 11th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 9th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2009 (Friday) - 5 articles
- May 7th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- May 6th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 5th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Thoughts are seeds to future|
The Holy Bible accentuates the importance of how one thinks. Proverbs 23:7 it states that "for as he thinketh, so is he." In Philippians 4:8 it recommends subjects to think upon. Verse eight states "Finally, brethren whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of a good report, if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Dr. Andrea Gardner, Ph.D., stated that we must first become the master of our thoughts because emotion always follows thought. In our every thought there is the seed of our greater abundance.
One of the greatest gifts given to us was to choose the thoughts that we put in our minds. Brian Tracy adds more support for the scripture by stating that by thought or action that you repeat over and over will eventually become a habit.
Norman Vincent Peale wrote that whatever you have taken into your mind can grow there. John Alston said not to dwell on the past. Use it to illustrate a point then leave it behind.
Dr. Wayne Dyer tells us that we are responsible for the thoughts that we have in our head. Mary Lou Retten was quoted as saying "love what you do." Optimism is a happiness magnet. Good things and good people will be drawn to you.
Iyonla Vansant noted that if we can see, it must come to be. Walt Disney stated that "if you can dream it, you can do it." The whole world is watching the dreams of Walt Disney. Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse were first only thoughts.
Victoria Moran was given credit for this statement: "It doesn't take any more time to think in a way that makes your life better than it does to think in a way that makes your life miserable."
It seems that successful people understand the importance of thinking on a positive level. Susan L. Taylor said that it is imperative that you surround yourself with optimistic people. W. Clement Stone's statement that there is little difference in people but that little difference makes a big difference and that little difference is attitude. You can determine one's attitude by the way he thinks and speaks. Isn't the way we speak just thoughts clothed in a vocabulary?
The thoughts you carry in your mind are a choice you make every single day when you wake up in the morning. And how we think when we awake determines the type day we are going to have. When we are faced with difficulty, we can choose between disappointment and victory.
I do not think that many people could see more clearly than Helen Keller. She said that no pessimist has ever discovered the secret of the stars, or sailed to an unchartered land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit. You probably won't read or hear many quotes given by a pessimist. Most historical quotes were given by optimists. When Winston Churchill made the famous quote to Parliament, "Never. Never. Never. Never. Never. Give up," he inspired England to take a stand against Germany. Can you imagine the impact if Churchill would have jumped up and said, "We don't have a chance. Let's surrender." Long-remembered historical quotes are filled with powerful emotions that inspired people to make a commitment.
The Bible emphasizes that your thoughts determine the course of your life. Your thoughts are the seeds to your future. So, think on these thoughts.
Robert Charles Payne is an inspirational writer who lives in West Monroe. He can be contacted by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.