Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Rebels lose to South Terrebonne
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- May 31st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 28th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- May 27th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- May 26th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- May 24th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- May 23rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 21st, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- May 20th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 19th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 14th, 2009 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 13th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 11th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 9th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2009 (Friday) - 5 articles
- May 7th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- May 6th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 5th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Rebels lose to South Terrebonne|
The West Monroe Rebels could not get its offense going against South Terrebonne, whose batters got timely hits for a 5-3 win last week at Shelby Aulds Field.
That simple formula was enough to send South Terrebonne to the playoffs' second round and the Rebels home for the spring.
"Their pitcher did a good job of getting out of jams," West Monroe head coach Mark Sims said. "We did not get the timely hits when we needed, and they did. That's what it all came down to."
West Monroe and South Terrebonne began by playing a pair of scoreless frames to begin the contest.
South Terrebonne got on the board first in the top of the third when Michael Barba reached first on a throwing error by West Monroe.
Brock Hebert then followed with a towering two-run homer to give South Terrebonne the early advantage.
West Monroe came right back in the bottom half of the inning on a double by Stephen Smith that scored Tyler Gilmore. Austin Chamblee and Justin Powell each hit singles that helped tie the score 2-2 in the third.
West Monroe held South Terrebonne scoreless for three innings and loaded the bases in the bottom of the sixth.
The advantage would only result in one run, but West Monroe took a 3-2 lead into the final inning of regulation.
South Terrebonne worked their way around and scored the tying run before holding the Rebels scoreless in the seventh to send the game to extra innings.
Steven Wuezlow delivered the big blow for South Terrebonne in the eight inning with a hit off of Andrew Bryan that scored both Carl LeBlanc and Josh Neill.
West Monroe got a runner on base but came up empty to end the game in the eighth frame.
West Monroe will look to replace the starters at third base and all of the outfield, but a large core of contributing players from the 2009 district champions will return in 2010.
"We were pretty young," Sims said. "We really have to replace our third baseman Blake Brassell, and that will be hard. We feel pretty good about the kids we have coming back to the program."