Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OCS finishes with loss at St. Edmund's
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- May 31st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 28th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- May 27th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- May 26th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- May 24th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- May 23rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 21st, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- May 20th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 19th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 14th, 2009 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 13th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 11th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 9th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2009 (Friday) - 5 articles
- May 7th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- May 6th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 5th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|OCS finishes with loss at St. Edmund's|
The St. Edmund's Blue Jays had just enough firepower to oust Ouachita Christian School from the Class 1A baseball playoffs with an 8-7 win last Friday.
OCS (24-10-1) struck first in the top of the opening frame after John Clay Reeves brought lead-off hitter Matt Kennedy around to score for a 1-0 OCS lead.
Kennedy was 2-for-3 with three RBIs in the game. Reeves was 2-for-4 with a whopping four RBIs for the Eagles.
Reeves brought Kennedy around to score again in the second and Reeves himself scored on a Blake Gilkin base hit to give OCS a 3-1 advantage after the second inning.
OCS then went two innings without a run as St. Edmund starting pitcher Mac Manuel settled in and made big pitches to get out of more trouble.
Manuel was tagged with five runs, three of them earned, over 5.2 innings of work and a total of six hits surrendered to OCS.
Taylor Rodrigez (1-1) picked up the win after allowing two runs on two hits in the seventh.
OCS broke open a 3-3 tie in the fifth inning when Reeves again batted home Kennedy. The two players accounted for all seven OCS runs in the contest. St. Edmund scored one in the bottom of the sixth to send the game to the sixth with OCS holding a 5-3 advantage.
A scoreless sixth inning meant a 5-3 lead for OCS in the final frame. OCS again rode on the back of Kennedy and Reeves to get a pair of runs in the seventh.
St. Edmund then shocked the Eagles with four runs in the bottom of the seventh to win the game.
After the sixth inning of work from Hayden Robinson, OCS went to the bullpen to have Hunter Breed come in for a relief appearance with the game tied 7-7.
It took just one swing of the bat for the Blue Jays to advance to the next round and send OCS home after a stellar 24-win season.