Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Trojans sweep past ULM
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- May 31st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 28th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- May 27th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- May 26th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- May 24th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- May 23rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 21st, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- May 20th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 19th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 14th, 2009 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 13th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 11th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 9th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2009 (Friday) - 5 articles
- May 7th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- May 6th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 5th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Trojans sweep past ULM|
ULM News Services
Troy completed a three-game Sun Belt Conference sweep of ULM with an 8-4 victory over the Warhawks Sunday afternoon at Riddle-Pace Field.
The Trojans (30-19, 17-8 Sun Belt) jumped out to a 7-0 lead after the first five innings only to see the Warhawks hit a pair of two-run home runs in the sixth and seventh innings to make the game interesting.
Chad Watson led off the Trojans' half of the first inning with a single and would have been retired on a routine 6-4-3 double play off the bat of Charley Williams, but Watson was running on the play and the Warhawks were only able to get Williams out on the play.
Two batters later, Ryan Ditthardt lined a double to right-center field to score two runs and Miles Hoyle followed one out later with a single to left for the third run of the inning.
Williams extended the lead out to 4-0 with a two-out single back up the middle to score Adam Bryant. One swing later, Trevor Tyre made it a 6-0 game with a towering home run to left field. Steven Felix tacked on another run with an RBI double to right in the fifth.
Ryan McMillan put the Warhawks on the board with his fourth home run of the season – a two-run shot – in the top of the sixth inning. Boomer Blanchard blasted his 12th homer of the season in the seventh to pull ULM within three, 7-4.
Michael Precise gave the Trojans a little breathing room with an RBI single against a drawn in infield in the seventh after Brett Henry led off the inning with a double.
With the loss, the Warhawks (26-24, 12-17) dropped 10 of their final 11 Sun Belt games and will now have to watch the conference scoreboard next weekend to see if they will qualify for the league tournament.
Jason Walls (4-4) picked up the win going six innings allowing just the two-run homer to McMillan. He scattered four hits, struck out eight ULM batters and walked three.
Don Williams (5-2) took the loss for ULM allowing seven runs on eight hits over 4.1 innings.
The Warhawks wrap up the regular season next weekend with a three-game series against Houston Baptist beginning Friday at 7 p.m.
ULM will honor its eight seniors prior to Saturday's game which has been moved to 6 p.m.