Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Monroe Regional Airport to receive Recovery Act funds
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- May 31st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 28th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- May 27th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- May 26th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- May 24th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- May 23rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 21st, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- May 20th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 19th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 14th, 2009 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 13th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 11th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 9th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2009 (Friday) - 5 articles
- May 7th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- May 6th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 5th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Monroe Regional Airport to receive Recovery Act funds|
The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will invest $386,067 in Recovery Act funds at Monroe Regional Airport, U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu announced Friday.
The money will provide the airport with explosive detection systems and advanced screening technology to streamline baggage screening and enhance security capabilities.
"Luggage screening is critical to security for all of Louisiana's air travelers," Landrieu said. "As we strive to step up airport security efforts, we must also make the screening process less onerous. Passengers flying in and out of the Monroe airport know this all too well."
With this new TSA screening equipment, Monroe travelers will be able to move through the screening process more quickly without compromising security measures," Landrieu said. "This Recovery Act investment is a win for both travelers and the Monroe airport."
Cleve Norrell, director of Monroe Regional Airport, said the new TSA-funded equipment would provide a more efficient process for travelers.
"This new equipment will facilitate the checking of baggage and make it a much more efficient process," said Norrell said.
"In Monroe, we have been hurting for space because of all the TSA equipment that sits in front of the ticket counters at the airport," Norrell explained. "Moving this baggage out of the way will give our passengers more room to move around until we get our new terminal in place. This new equipment will be real asset to our airport as we help TSA be more efficient in moving the passengers and their luggage from the ticketing counter to the gates."
"We appreciate Sen. Landrieu's hard work on our behalf," Norrell added.
Monroe Regional Airport will open bids for the construction of a new terminal on May 21. Norrell expects part of the new facility to open within 15 to 18 months. The entire terminal construction process will take approximately two years.