Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: South Alabama takes two from ULM
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- May 31st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 28th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- May 27th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- May 26th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- May 24th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- May 23rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 21st, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- May 20th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 19th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 14th, 2009 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 13th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 11th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 9th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2009 (Friday) - 5 articles
- May 7th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- May 6th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 5th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|South Alabama takes two from ULM|
ULM News Services
South Alabama held off a furious ULM rally in the ninth inning to defeat the Warhawks 11-9 Saturday afternoon at Warhawk Field to clinch the Sun Belt Conference series.
Trailing 11-4 heading into the final frame, the Warhawks plated five runs – four with two outs – and had the tying at the plate. The first four batters of the inning singled for the Warhawks and an error on a grounder by Jon Prevost allowed the first run of the frame to score.
Matt Collins followed with an RBI single through the right side of the infield and Matt Laird snuck a double inside the left-field line to close the gap to 11-7. Jordy Poche brought the tying run to the plate with a two-run single back up the middle. Lance Baxter came out of the bullpen to strikeout Nick Wade for the final out of the game and his second save of the weekend.
The first six batters reached in the second inning for the Jaguars (23-23, 11-12 Sun Belt) including back-to-back doubles by David Doss and Jake Overstreet to lead off the inning. Derek O'Reilly, Chris Davis, Zach Grichor and Doss all had RBIs in the inning and another run scored on a balk. O'Reilly led South Alabama going 4-for-5 on the day.
ULM (25-22, 12-14) opened the scoring with three runs in the bottom of the first sparked by a lead-off home run by Boomer Blanchard, his 11th of the season. Following a walk and two singles to load the bases, Poche singled through the right side of the infield to score two runs.
Blanchard finished 3-for-4 with two runs scored, Collins was 2-for-3 with a pair of walks and Poche finished 2-for-5 with four RBIs.
Drew Graham shut down South Alabama over the final seven innings of the game scattering four hits and striking out seven Jaguar batters. He was charged with two runs after Grichor hit a two-out, three-run triple off Keith Christensen who relieved Graham during the eighth.
Wade closed the gap to 7-4 with his seventh home run of the season in the sixth inning.
Matt Jackson (4-3) picked up the win for South Alabama allowing four runs on six hits over six innings of work. He struck out three batters and walked six before handing the ball off to Greg Johnson in the seventh.
Poche (2-5) couldn't get out of the second inning allowing seven runs on six hits in 1.1 innings. ULM starters have thrown a combined 2.1 innings allowing 16 runs on 13 hits in the opening two games of the series.
The Warhawks have now dropped six straight games and have fallen behind South Alabama to sixth place in the Sun Belt Conference standings.