Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: WM opens baseball playoffs at 6 p.m. today
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- May 31st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 28th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- May 27th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- May 26th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- May 24th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- May 23rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 21st, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- May 20th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 19th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 14th, 2009 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 13th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 11th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 9th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2009 (Friday) - 5 articles
- May 7th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- May 6th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 5th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|WM opens baseball playoffs at 6 p.m. today|
With the Class 5A playoff bracket being released on Monday, the final piece to the Louisiana High School Athletic Association baseball playoffs is now coming into place.
The top area team in Class 5A will be the No. 9 West Monroe Rebels (19-11), who will host No. 24 South Terrebonne (21-11) today at 6 p.m.
"They are a good team," West Monroe head coach Mark Sims said. "I saw them play when they came up to our tournament. We did not play them, but I watched them and they have probably one of the best catchers in the state and he is going to Navy."
Carl Leblanc has been a terror for opposing teams all season long. Besides his leadership at the plate, Leblanc has consistently been one of the best defensive catchers this season in Class 5A.
"He has a real strong arm," Sims said. "They will be ready to play and they have a good team."
Sims is working hard with his team on staying focused and not making the big mistakes in innings that put a team behind.
"Ideally you would like to be playing your best baseball in the playoffs," Sims said. "We have not played our best as of late, but the kids are working real hard."
South Terrebonne was the second-place team out of district 8-5A where they fell behind No. 17 Thibodaux in the standings.
West Monroe won in a come-from-behind performance last week against Ouachita to claim the district championship.
West Monroe scored three runs on bases loaded walks in the sixth inning to hold on for the win.
The Rebels lost a Saturday contest at Class 4A Captain Shreve 10-3. The offense faltered and could not recover against the fired up Gators.
With the loss, West Monroe will be looking to get the sour taste of defeat out of their mouths as they begin the push toward the Class 5A state baseball tournament.
The tournament will be held May 15-16 in Denham Springs.