Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: ULM officials unveil new creed
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- May 31st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 30th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 28th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- May 27th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 6 articles
- May 26th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- May 24th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- May 23rd, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 22nd, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- May 21st, 2009 (Thursday) - 15 articles
- May 20th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 19th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 16th, 2009 (Saturday) - 1 articles
- May 15th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- May 14th, 2009 (Thursday) - 32 articles
- May 13th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 1 articles
- May 12th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- May 11th, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- May 10th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- May 9th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- May 8th, 2009 (Friday) - 5 articles
- May 7th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- May 6th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 8 articles
- May 5th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- May 4th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- May 1st, 2009 (Friday) - 4 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|ULM officials unveil new creed|
The University of Louisiana at Monroe student body recently adopted a new creed, which was unveiled last week on a plaque at the entrance to the ULM Library.
The creed emphasizes social responsibility through Unity, Leadership and Motivation — the acronym for ULM.
A group comprised of several students, two professors and one staff member spent months drafting the creed, which was adopted in early February following a near unanimous vote by the student body.
"We believe that students, faculty and staff should strive to strengthen the bonds between our university and community," said Joseph Beard, president of the ULM Community Activities Board, reading from the creed.
"We believe they should) lead through service and learning, and be motivated to grow in intellect and integrity," read Beard.
Student Government Association President Micah Pulliam recognized the committee members involved in the creed, calling Thursday's unveiling "the beginning of something we'll do moving forward."
Pulliam said the goal is to post similar plaques throughout the campus, starting with the entrances to all academic buildings. Pamphlets explaining the creed's significance will also be distributed to students in the near future.
"Our slogan is Stride, Lead, Be," he said. "We hope to make a huge impact on our community."
The following student committee members contributed to the creed's formation, with input from faculty members, John Sutherlin and Sandra Hill, along with Associate Vice President of Marketing and Communication Michael Echols: Michah Pulliam, SGA President; Joseph Beard, CAB President; Emily Fuller; Andrew Hardee; Chloe Rogers; Brent Gibert; Andrew Norwood; and Alison Walker.
For more information, go to www.ulm.edu/creed.