Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Warhawks fall to Lamar
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- April 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- April 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 28th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 26th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- April 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 20th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 18th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- April 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 12th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 11th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 4th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- April 3rd, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- April 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Warhawks fall to Lamar|
ULM News Services
Jeremiah Sammy hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the ninth inning to cap an 11-10 come-from-behind victory by Lamar over visiting ULM Tuesday night at Vincent-Beck Stadium. The Cardinals scored four runs in the eighth and ninth innings to complete the comeback.
Trailing 8-3 entering the eighth inning, Lamar (29-17) pulled within one after the Warhawks loaded the bases by walking the first three batters of the inning. Steven Tucker made ULM pay for the free passes with a two-run double to left field. Chris Dunkin and Sammy followed with RBIs to close the gap to 8-7.
All-American Ben Soignier appeared to give the Warhawks enough of a cushion with a towering two-out, two-run home run to center field in the top of the ninth inning pushing the ULM (25-19) lead out to 10-7.
However, two of the first three batters for Lamar reached in the bottom of the ninth. Following a strikeout for the second out of the inning, Tucker singled to left to close the gap to 10-8 and put runners at first and second.
A double steal put runners at second and third for pinch hitter Cameron Campbell who responded with a double to right-center field on an 0-2 pitch to tie the game. One pitch later Sammy hit the game-winning single to left.
Boomer Blanchard and Jon Prevost led the Warhawks going 3-for-4 with a pair of walks each. Prevost drove home three runs while Blanchard scored three times. Nick Wade, Chris Sinclair and Perry Smith all finished the night 2-for-5 for ULM.
The Warhawks stranded 13 runners on base and committed three errors in the field, which led to one unearned run.
Sammy finished 3-for-6, while Tucker, Dunkin, Quentin Luquette and Anthony Moore all had two hits for Lamar.
Kevin Angelle (3-2) took the win for Lamar despite allowing the home run to Soignier. He tossed 2.2 innings allowing a pair of hits to go with six strikeouts. Josh Miller (1-2) suffered the loss for ULM allowing five runs on seven hits in 1.2 innings of work.
Laird gave the Warhawks a 1-0 lead in the top of the first inning with a two-out single to right field. ULM kept the pressure on in the second loading the bases with one out. Prevost drew a walk to score the first run of the frame and Soignier was hit by a pitch to give the Warhawks a 3-0 lead – Soignier was hit by two pitches and drew a walk to go along with the home run.
Following a scoreless third, Prevost upped the ULM lead to 4-0 with an RBI single back up the middle after Blanchard singled and stole second base.
Lamar pulled within 4-2 in the fifth on an RBI single by Dunkin after a lead-off single and stolen base by Brian Taylor.
The Warhawks answered with two runs in the top of the sixth after loading the bases. Blanchard and Prevost reached on back-to-back one-out singles and Soignier walked to fill the bases. Matt Collins drew a walk for the first run and Laird hit a deep line drive to right field for a sacrifice fly to score Blanchard, who moved into 10th place on the ULM single-season runs scored list with 56.
Lamar kept chipping away scoring again in the sixth to pull within 6-3, but Corey Brown came out of the ULM bullpen and got the Cardinals to strand the bases loaded. Lamar left 12 runners on base on the night.Blanchard and Prevost struck again in the seventh with a pair of RBI hits.
Sinclair and Smith reach on back-to-back singles setting up an RBI double by Blanchard and RBI single by Prevost.