Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Area softball teams move to second round
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- April 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- April 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 28th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 26th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- April 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 20th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 18th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- April 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 12th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 11th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 4th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- April 3rd, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- April 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Area softball teams move to second round|
Several area high school softball squads advanced to the second-round of the Louisiana High School Athletic Association playoffs this week.
Each classification except for Class 3A and Class B has a Ouachita Parish team that will continue to march toward the state tournament in Sulphur when the second round games get under way on Friday.
In Class 1A, top-seed Ouachita Christian School ripped past their first-round opponent of East Iberville 15-0 to advance.
Pitcher Gracie Claxton went the distance for the Lady Eagles (19-3) as she pitched four scoreless innings before the game was called. Claxton struck out 11 of the 12 batters she faced.
Brittany Gates and Cassie Clark each had a pair of hits for the Lady Eagles to lead the OCS offense.
OCS will now host St. Joseph of Plaquemines (10-14) at the OCS softball field Friday beginning at 4 p.m.
OCS can make a return trip to the state tournament with a victory on Friday. The second round match-up is the first ever meeting between the two schools.
In Class 2A, the Sterlington Lady Panthers battled past Many for a 11-1 victory and a chance to make their own trip to the state tournament.
The Friday match-up is a second-round playoff game against No.7 Riverside Academy, who also won their first round game 11-1 over Livonia. Riverside will host Sterlington down in the River Parish area outside of New Orleans.
In Class 4A, the West Ouachita Lady Chiefs look poised to make a return trip to the state tournament and have just one more step before that dream is realized.
Led by pitcher Samantha Hamby, the Lady Chiefs roughed up McDonough #35 on Tuesday afternoon by a score of 16-1 in four innings. West Ouachita will now host No.15 Grant on Friday.
Also in the Class 4A bracket, the Neville Lady Tigers survived a tough game from DeRidder and beat the Lady Dragons 6-1.
A three-run third inning propelled Neville to the win after the teams were scoreless in the first couple of frames.
Neville scored three more runs in the bottom of the sixth after a pair of DeRidder runners were left stranded in the top half of the inning, thanks to great defense by the Lady Tigers.
The tenth-seeded Lady Tigers will now play Friday on the road at Alexandria Senior High School.
In Class 5A, the West Monroe Lady Rebels used a big sixth inning to beat No.29 Assumption 5-0 on Tuesday night.
The teams were scoreless going into the bottom of the sixth inning when West Monroe exploded offensively and rode the incredible pitching performance of Savannah Dollar to victory in the first round.
Dollar struck out 12 Assumption batters on her way to the complete game shutout. Dollar pitched seven complete innings for the Lady Rebels. West Monroe will now host No.13 Covington at 5 p.m. Thursday with a trip to the state tournament in Sulphur on the line for each team.