Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: NCAA grants ULM full athletic certification
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- April 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- April 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 28th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 26th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- April 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 20th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 18th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- April 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 12th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 11th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 4th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- April 3rd, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- April 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|NCAA grants ULM full athletic certification|
The NCAA's Division I Committee on Athletics Certification announced today its unconditional certification of the University of Louisiana at Monroe Department of Athletics program, following its approval of materials submitted by the university.
ULM joins 35 other Division I institutions across the nation earning the designation.
The classification designates ULM as an institution that is operating its program "in substantial conformity with operating principles adopted by the Association's Division I membership," according to the NCAA's findings.
"We are extremely pleased that the Department of Athletics has received full NCAA certification," added ULM President James Cofer. "This certification assures our conformity to the NCAA's high standards and demonstrates that ULM is committed to the success of our student-athletes."
"The certification validates the commitment the university has to the governance of rules compliance, academic integrity and the equity and well-being of its student-athletes," said ULM Athletic Director Bobby Staub.
Several ULM campus committee members devoted more than a year to preparing the materials for submission, said ULM Associate Dean and Committee Chair Dr. Benny L. Blaylock.
"Receipt of full NCAA accreditation without conditions is the culmination of significant effort by a large group of dedicated faculty and staff who contributed to the preparation of the accreditation document," said Blaylock.
"As chair of the accreditation committee, I would like to thank Drs. Wayne Brumfield, Luke Thomas and Edwin Adams, sub-committee chairs, and their committee members for their outstanding efforts on behalf of ULM's student-athletes," he said.
Dr. Brumfield called the certification "a testament to the integrity of athletics at ULM and the quality support staff who work diligently to ensure compliance" and he congratulated Staub and his staff for their hard work.
Blaylock said the process started with the preparation of a self-study document. ULM hosted a peer review selected by the NCAA in September 2008 to elicit feedback and address any areas of suggested improvements.