Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: 'Sharing the Caring' telethon this Saturday
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- April 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- April 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 28th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 26th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- April 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 20th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 18th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- April 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 12th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 11th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 4th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- April 3rd, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- April 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|'Sharing the Caring' telethon this Saturday|
Angel Ministries and founder Linda Tripp are sponsoring the first "Sharing the Caring" Telethon on from 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, April 25, at the Angel Ministries office, 509 No. 2nd Street, Monroe. City Watch TV 75 on Com Cast Cable will be broadcasting the telethon in Northeast Louisiana.
The purpose and goal of the telethon is to raise awareness and secure donations and pledges to fund the Hyperbaric Therapy Center and purchase two Mild Hyperbaric Chambers that are priced at $21,250 each. One of the chambers will be made available for those in need in and around the Monroe community. The other one will be for the home of Charlie Adams in Nashville, Tenn., to help the Adams' two sons — Sean and Jared — who are autistic.
Bill Schindler, director of The Hyperbaric Therapy Center in Cumming, Ga. will be at Angel Ministries at 2 p.m. Friday, April 24, during an open house from 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
An Educational and Training Session for individuals and families interested in using the chamber will meet at 6 p.m. The chamber has shown positive results with people that suffer from disease, disabilities and situations resulting from a lack of oxygen at the cellular level.
Angel Ministries is working closely with Nathaniel Calhoun, the 2009 Telethon Poster child from Archibald,who has been diagnosed with autism. He has improved greatly due to using chambers in Baton Rouge. The song "Missing Pieces" was written about Nathaniel and will be performed by Mark Leland during the telethon. The goal is to have the chamber ready at Angel Ministries so that Nathaniel will be able to get treatment closer to his home.
Some of the entertainment during the telethon will include The Louisiana Big Band, New Liberty Quartet, Peoples Choice, Jeff Elliott, Todd Martin, the Liberty Boys Quartet, Julie McIntire and Dana Mejia.
To pledge or donate, call Angel Ministries at 388-5100 or 1-888-426-0036 from 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, April 25. Operators will be waiting for your call. Donations are accepted by check, cash, debit or credit cards.
For donations on the web, go to www.sharingthecaringnetwork.com.