Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OCS blasts Bernice
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- April 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- April 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 28th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 26th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- April 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 20th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 18th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- April 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 12th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 11th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 4th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- April 3rd, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- April 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|OCS blasts Bernice|
The Ouachita Christian School Eagles (20-7-1, 7-2) pounded out 13 hits on their way to a 17-0 win over the Bernice Bears Monday night in district 2-1A action.
The Eagles were led at the plate by Matt Kennedy and Blake Gillikin, who each had a 3-for-4 performance at the plate. Both players also drove in three runs during the game.
Glen Marshall continued to swing a hot bat with a 2-for-3 performance during the five-inning affair. Marshall also recorded two RBI for the Eagles in the game.
James Laird went 1-for-2 with four RBI for the Eagles as well. Laird has settled into a designated hitters role that is seeing him put up big numbers at the plate for OCS.
Colby Webb (1-0) picked up the win on the mound for the Eagles after allowing no runs and just three hits along with nine strikeouts over five innings of work.
OCS took a quick 3-0 lead in the top of the first inning as they quickly got to Bernice starting pitcher Miguel Turrabiartes.
Turrabiartes (0-5) surrendered 12 runs and nine hits over three innings to take the loss for the Bears.
The big inning for OCS came in the third when the Eagles were already leading 4-0 over Bernice.
The Eagles got RBI hits from Kennedy, Laird, Webb, Dylan Smith and Nathan Keene in the inning. Laird delivered the big blow with a grand slam to cap the inning with OCS leading 12-0.
At the top of the order DePaul Elliott went 1-for-2 for Bernice and no one player for the Bears got more than one hit.
OCS now turns its attention to St. Frederick where the Eagles will host their arch-rivals in what could go a long way toward power ranking seeding in the upcoming playoff brackets.
St. Fred beat OCS 18-9 back on April 2. The game was played at OCS after rain forced the game to the Eagles stadium after being scheduled for St. Fred.
The Warriors have a two game lead over OCS and Cedar Creek in the district 2-1A standings with one game to go so St. Fred has already locked up a 2009 district championship.
OCS will certainly look to improve on their performance against the Warriors while the St. Frederick squad will be working on improving fundamentally before what they hope will be a great playoff run for the Warriors.