Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: St. Fred pummels OCS
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- April 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- April 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 28th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 26th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- April 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 20th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 18th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- April 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 12th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 11th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 4th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- April 3rd, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- April 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|St. Fred pummels OCS|
The Ouachita Christian School Eagles were blasted at home Thursday night by arch rival St. Fred in a 18-9 win for the Warriors, though OCS made a furious comeback after a nightmarish start.
St. Fred (16-3, 4-0) scored 11 runs in the second inning to take clear command of the game and did not look back against the Eagles.
OCS took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first inning on a bases loaded walk that scored Matt Kennedy.
St. Fred pitcher Zach LaSuzzo picked up the win and did not allow another run until the fourth inning as OCS tried to recover from the brutal second inning.
Chris Buttitta went 3-for-4 with a RBI to lead the Warriors. Kennedy aided his own cause with a pair of hits and three RBI which was tops for St. Fred.
OCS scored two runs in the fourth inning after Colby Webb got the scoring going on a fielder's choice, collecting a RBI.
Blake Gilikin later scored on a wild pitch to pull the Eagles to within 15-3. OCS made the game interesting in the fifth with a five spot for the home team.
Matt Kennedy went 2-for-2 with three RBI and James Laird was 2-for-4 with a RBI during the stretch to close St. Fred's lead, 15-8, but that was as close as OCS would get.
Perhaps taking out frustrations Tuesday, OCS ripped into district foe Grambling for a 24-1 win in just three innings.
Kennedy led the way as he went 2-for-3 with three RBI from the lead off spot in the batting order.
John Clay Reeves collected 4 RBI and got the save in the third inning, his first save of the 2009 season.
Jacob Davis was a perfect 3-for-3 at the plate for the Eagles who collected 12 hits in the game.
OCS will host the Mangham Dragons on Saturday in another showdown between two of the top 10 teams in the Class 1A poll this week.
OCS beat Mangham 7-1 on March 21 during the LaSalle tournament.
OCS will be looking to keep a spot in the top half of the polls with a win over Mangham this weekend.