Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: GRMC to dedicate helipad Thursday
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- April 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- April 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 28th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 26th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- April 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 20th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 18th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- April 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 12th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 11th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 4th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- April 3rd, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- April 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|GRMC to dedicate helipad Thursday|
Glenwood Regional Medical Center will hold a dedication ceremony 2 p.m. Thursday, April 9 for its new helipad.
The helipad is located adjacent to the education complex parking lot.
Pafford Air One will land its air medical helicopter on the new helipad.
The newly constructed helipad was completed in March. It is the only healthcare facility helipad in the Monroe/West Monroe area.
"The addition of flight capabilities of critical cardiac patients is an enhancement to Glenwood's ability to respond to chest pain patients. With our chest pain center, patients are rapidly assessed and treated to reduce the risk of a heart attack related death," according to Dr. Edward Calvert, medical director of Glenwood's emergency department.
The American College of Surgeons says patients having acute myocardial infarctions require access to a cardiac care facility with heart cath capabilities within 90 minutes. Patients that arrive at rural hospitals in surrounding parishes can reap the benefit of air medical services by dramatically decreasing their transport time to Glenwood, Calvert said.
In some cases the transport time can be decreased by 75 percent.
"This is a great service for the community. It will allow us to provide treatment to critically injured patients much quicker," Dr. Gary Lowder said.
Flight decisions and criteria for Air Medical Services are based upon guidelines established by the American College of Surgeons.
ACS states that a critically injured patient's chances of survival decreases dramatically if that patient does not arrive at a level one trauma center within one hour from the time of injury.
The level one trauma center for this region is LSUHSC in Shreveport, which is approximately a 40-minute air flight from Glenwood Regional Medical Center, compared to a 1-hour, 30-minute ground transport time.