Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: ULM picks up steam
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- April 30th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- April 29th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 28th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 27th, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- April 26th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 25th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 24th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 23rd, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- April 22nd, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- April 21st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 20th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 18th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 17th, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 16th, 2009 (Thursday) - 37 articles
- April 15th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- April 14th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- April 13th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- April 12th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 11th, 2009 (Saturday) - 2 articles
- April 9th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- April 8th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- April 7th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- April 5th, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- April 4th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- April 3rd, 2009 (Friday) - 3 articles
- April 2nd, 2009 (Thursday) - 39 articles
- April 1st, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|ULM picks up steam|
The University of Louisiana-Monroe baseball team picked up a key series victory last weekend as they pulled out wins in two of three games at Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Fla.
ULM currently sits in a tie for fourth-place with Arkansas State. ASU would win a tie-breaker in tournament seeding because of beating ULM 2-out-of-3 times in a series played at Warhawk Field earlier this month.
Middle Tennessee State is leading the Sun Belt with a 11-1 league record. Western Kentucky, the defending conference champions, are in second-place with a 8-1 league mark.
ULM (15-11, 6-6) rallied to score three runs in the bottom of the eighth inning on Friday night only to have the drive stopped just short in a 5-4 loss to open the series against the Owls (15-9).
West Monroe product Nick Wade went 2-for-3 in the opening game of the series as the Warhawks game up just short of a sweep. A four-run fourth inning doomed the Warhawks on Friday.
The ULM bats came out on fire for the Saturday afternoon tilt as ULM lit up the scoreboard in a 11-4 route of FAU.
The Warhawks easily disposed of FAU starting pitcher Barry Rooks after he recorded the first two outs of the game. The Warhawks proceeded to plate three runs in the opening frame to chase Rooks to the bench.
Second baseman Boomer Blanchard and OCS graduate Matt Laird hit solo home runs on Saturday. Blanchard's was his sixth homer of the year and Laird sent his fourth of the year deep over the outfield wall.
The third game went into the ninth inning tied at 3-3. Ben Soignier, the preseason Sun Belt Conference Player Of The Year, blasted a two-run double in the ninth to break the tie as ULM went on to beat the Owls, 7-5 on Sunday.
Ryan McMillan followed Soignier with a RBI single and Matt Collins closed out the scoring for ULM with a blistering triple to left field.
Drew Graham pitched the eighth and ninth innings and picked up the win on the bump for the Warhawks.
Jordy Poche started the game on the mound for ULM and gave up three runs over seven innings of work for the Warhawks.
ULM will visit the University of Arkansas at Little Rock this weekend with a three-game conference series scheduled for a 6 p.m. start on Friday night.
The teams will play at 6 p.m. again on Saturday and finish the series with a 1 p.m. game scheduled for Sunday.
All three games can be heard on the radio locally on 1680 AM and on the internet at www.ulmathletics.com.