Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Sterlington beats Farmerville, 20-1
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Sterlington beats Farmerville, 20-1|
The Sterlington Panthers pounded the Farmerville Farmers on Monday night 20-1 in five innings to secure their first district win of the season.
Stephen Gandy went 2-for-3 from the plate and Thomas Giddens recorded a team-best four RBIs to lead the Panthers to victory.
The Panthers started off with a pair of runs to open the contest and then exploded in the second inning.
The second inning saw Sterlington score eight runs and chase the Farmerville starter from the game in quick order.
Patrick Sutton, Gandy and Giddens all hit doubles in the inning and Cole Bagby got the first of his two hits in the game that second inning as well.
Sterlington (11-4, 1-0) got off to the right foot in the district 2-2A championship race with timely hitting and solid defense that has become a theme for the team ranked second in Class 2A this week.
Chad Reeves (5-1) worked five innings in earning another win for the Panthers. Reeves improved his season ERA to 1.71 following the victory over the Farmers.
Sterlington added nine runs in the fourth inning to put the game on ice early on. The game is the second game stopped because of the mercy rule for Sterlington in the last week.
Last week, the Panthers beat Haughton 18-6 in the Benton Tournament near Shreveport. Even with all of the recent success, the Panthers are still hitting the practice field to improve their game.
"We are still working on getting better at the plate," Sterlington coach David Parks said. "We are just trying to improve on the things that make you a good baseball team and continue to do the things that have made us successful."
Sterlington will travel to Jonesboro-Hodge High School for another district contest Thursday night at 6 p.m.
The contest will be a stiff district test against the Tigers (9-4). Jonesboro-Hoge has been pounding out hits over the last two weeks and figures to be an offensive threat after scoring 10 or more runs in four of the first 10 contest they played to start the season.