Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Defense takes over at spring ULM game
- 2013 - 961 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Defense takes over at spring ULM game|
Led by Drew Bernhardy's nine tackles, including one for a loss, the defense won the ULM Maroon & Gold spring football game Saturday afternoon in front of a crowd of more than 1,000 fans at Malone Stadium, 48-46.
Zoe Bruce contributed eight tackles to the winning effort and Dominique LeBlanc picked off a pass at the goal line and nearly took it back for a touchdown before getting tripped up at the 50-yard line. Derek Dark, Troy Evans and Aaron Moore each recorded a sack, totaling 17 yards lost.
The offense was led by Rodney Lovett, who had four carries for 55 yards. Lovett nearly broke a long TD run, but was tripped up after a 41-yard run, the longest play from scrimmage on the day. Quarterback Zach Rhodes had a solid day running the ball as well, carrying it six times for 43 yards.
"I was excited to see all the people out there," ULM head coach Charlie Weatherbie said. "There were probably 1,000 people out there. We are excited about a lot of things that took place on the field today. The defense did some really fine things and the offense did some good things at times. And of course in kicking field goals Radi Jabour was 100 percent. Any time you can go out there and do that, you have a chance at being successful."
Rhodes completed 8-of-15 passes for 101 yards and the game's only touchdown on a 27-yard strike to Brent Leonard. Leonard finished the day with two receptions for 34 yards. Anthony McCall hauled in four receptions for 48 yards while newcomer Cordario Calvin finished with 47 yards on four catches.
Playing with the first team offense, Trey Revell completed 10-of-20 passes for 89 yards
"After three days of practice I thought this was a very good scrimmage," Weatherbie said. "We have a lot of spring ball left, but it was important that we got this scrimmage in today. We have some work to do in a lot of areas. We are on our way to putting together a very fine football team."
Jabour was a perfect 4-for-4 on field-goal attempts. He kicked three 42-yard field goals and one from 24 yards out.
The Warhawks will continue on the turf at Malone Stadium until the conclusion of the spring run on April 10.