Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: WMHA presents classic Poe tale
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|WMHA presents classic Poe tale|
The West Monroe High School Theatre Department mounts the famous Edgar Allan Poe classic gothic tale" The Fall of the House of Usher" to honor the writer and to commemorate poetry month in April.
Public performances are at 7:30 p.m. Friday, April 3; 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Saturday, April 4; and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, April 5. General admission is $5 and reservations are not needed.
"The Fall of the House of Usher" is recognized as one of Poe's best works.
Director Shirley Allen Fields chose an adaptation by Tim Kelly, the author or several of the famed movie versions of Poe stories that starred Vincent Price. The cast is led by Jordan Campbell and Tyler Zimmer, who doubles in the role of Roderick Usher and Fear.
The cast is completed by Adrienne Robinson, Lenore; Joe Michels, The Stranger; Kyle Cash, The Actor; Leslie Price and Savannah Robinson, Lucy; Stephanie Gifford, Mrs. Dawson; Josh Goudeau, Mr. Dawson and Fear; Hilary Cordova and Madelyn Steele, Madelaine Usher; Kati Davidson, Tabitha King and Emily McManus, dancers; Patricia King and Hali Menzie, the Usher maid; Lasi Mayfield and Caryn McKenney, the Usher Housekeeper; Caleb Chambless, Doctor Fortunato; Dillon Nelson, C. Auguste Dupin; Daniel Greenwell, the Usher butler; and Harley Whitlock, Toby.
Theatre actors, entertainers and servants roles are filled by Derek Arender, Erin Gaston, T. J. Holley, Storm Gaston, Jesse King, Maggie Loconsole, Seth McGuffee, Michael Norris, Victoria Reed, Eric Riggin, Elijah Walker and Savannah Whitcher.
Justin Miller, president of the Drama Club, is production stage manager. Courtney Smead is stage manager and senior Caleb Chambless is technical director.