Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Dallas Baptist outlasts Warhawks
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Dallas Baptist outlasts Warhawks|
In what turned into a home run derby and battle of the bullpens, Dallas Baptist held on for a 13-11 victory over ULM Tuesday night at Patriot Field.
Four players hit two home runs each and the teams combined for 36 hits, nine home runs and nine pitchers as a strong wind was blowing out to left field all night long.
Boomer Blanchard and Jon Prevost each had a pair of homers for ULM (10-7), while Trevor Head and Ryan Thompson had two for Dallas Baptist (11-3).
Prevost finished the night 3-for-4 with a career-high five RBIs and 11 total bases — he hit a triple off the top of the wall in center field to go along with his two home runs. Blanchard, Ben Soignier and Ryan McMillan also recorded three hits each and the Warhawks finished with 17 hits on the night.
After the Warhawks took a 9-7 lead with four runs in the sixth inning, Dallas Baptist scored two in the sixth and four in the seventh to take a 13-9 lead. ULM fought back with a pair of runs in the eighth and had the tying run at the plate in the ninth, but couldn't quite complete the comeback.
Ryan Enos and Jason Krizan each tallied four hits for the Patriots as they pounded out 19 as a team.
The Warhawks jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first inning on Prevost's first blast of the game and an RBI single by Matt Laird. The Patriots answered with three in the first and one in the second.
The back-and-forth affair continued as the Warhawks tied the game in the third with a pair of runs and Dallas Baptist came right back with a run in its half of the frame to regain the lead, 5-4.
Blanchard hit his second home run in as many innings in the top of the fourth tying the game at 5-5. After posting one of only two scoreless inning of the night, the Patriots regained the lead in the fifth, 7-5, on Head's second home run of the night.
ULM got its four runs in the sixth inning on an RBI single by Jordy Poche to score Kelvin York, who led off the inning with a triple, and a three-run home run by Prevost – his third of the season.
Derek Ward (0-3) suffered the loss for the Warhawks allowing four runs on four hits over 1.1 innings of work. Michael LaCourse (1-0) took the win for Dallas Baptist allowing a pair of runs on four hits in 2.1 innings on the mound. Haney tossed the final 1.1 innings to pick up his second save of the year.
ULM returns to Sun Belt conference play Friday-Sunday when they host Arkansas State in a three-game set. Super Warhawk Weekend will be this weekend as well.
Fans can enjoy the festivities all-day long Saturday as well as the 7 p.m. baseball game Friday night. The two teams end the series Sunday afternoon at 1 p.m.