Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: ULM blasts past UT-A
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|ULM blasts past UT-A|
ULM exploded for 10 runs over the final three innings of the game, including a seven-run seventh inning, to slug past UT Arlington 15-9 Tuesday night at Warhawk Field.
The Warhawks (7-5) entered the seventh inning trailing 8-5, but sent 11 batters to the plate and pounded out six hits. Jon Prevost led the charge with his first home run of the season to lead off the inning and an RBI single in his second at-bat of the frame.
Prevost finished the game 3-for-5 and tied his career-high with four RBIs, while Matt Laird was 5-for-6 with a pair of RBIs. Matt Collins belted his second home run of the season in the first inning and finished 3-for-6 on the night. He was just a triple shy of hitting for the cycle. Nick Wade broke out of a 0-for-15 slump going 3-for-4 with four runs scored on the night.
Corey Brown (1-0) continued to be impressive on the mound for the Warhawks, tossing four innings in relief where he allowed just one run and yielded two hits — his only allowances in his 7.2 innings on the season.
The game was back-and-forth over the first five frames with both teams holding leads. The Mavericks (5-9) scored a pair of runs in the top of the first, but Collins answered with his two-run home run to right field in the bottom of the inning.
The Warhawks grabbed a 3-2 lead after the second inning only to see UTA regain the lead, 4-3, with a pair of runs in the top of the third. The Mavericks added another run in the top of the fourth before the Warhawks tied the game 5-5 in the bottom of the frame.
The Mavericks scored three unanswered runs in the sixth and seventh innings before the Warhawks uncorked the bats.
Ryan Martin (0-2) suffered the loss for UTA, allowing four runs on three hits in just two-thirds of an inning.
Ben Soignier became the first Warhawk to walk four times in a game since Ben Jones received four free passes against Louisiana Tech in 2003. The walks held him without a hit for the third consecutive game, marking the first time since the first three games of his ULM career that he has gone back-to-back-to-back games without a hit. He has been walked seven times during this three-game stretch.