Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: McFarland among six inducted into LSU hall
- 2013 - 800 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|McFarland among six inducted into LSU hall|
Winnsboro's Anthony "Booger" McFarland moved a step closer to legendary fame Tuesday night when he was inducted into the Louisiana State University Athletic Hall of Fame.
Although McFarland is well known locally for his football talent and personal outreach to Franklin Parish school children, his latest honor is another step in a long journey to recognition. He already had gained All-America and Most Valuable Player awards before becoming a first round draft pick and enjoying a successful professional career.
McFarland said, "It is such an honor to be mentioned among these great athletes at LSU. When I started playing football here, this is something I would have never imagined."
McFarland did not go through life having everything handed to him. Growing up in Winnsboro, he learned at a young age that he had to work very diligently to accomplish his dreams.
"Growing up in a small town, I knew that nothing would be handed to me. I had to work for everything, and I appreciate everything that I have achieved because of it," said McFarland.
After receiving all-state honors and many other awards while at Winnsboro High School, McFarland began his successful tenure at LSU as a defensive lineman. He started as a true freshman in 1995, and played all four years.
McFarland, who flew to Baton Rouge from his home in Tampa to attend the event, was a first-team All-American defensive lineman for the Tigers in 1998 and an All-Southeastern Conference choice that season as well. He helped lead a resurgence of LSU football in the mid-1990s as a four-year starter on the defensive line from 1995-98. In 1995 he was the SEC's Freshman Co-Defensive Player of the Year.
Other new inductees to the LSU Athletic Hall of Fame were track and field sprinter Esther Jones; softball pitcher Britni Sneed; athletic trainer Dr. Martin J. "Marty" Broussard; former football and track coach Bernie Moore; and former basketball and baseball coach Harry Rabenhorst. Broussard, Moore and Rabenhorst were inducted posthumously.
The ceremony was held Tuesday at the Pete Maravich Assembly Center.
Each inductee was introduced by a video presentation followed by a brief acceptance speech by each honoree. At the end of the evening the three living inductees Jones, McFarland and Sneed, were presented with a Hall of Fame ring.