Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: St. Patrick's fundraiser aids pharmacy
- 2013 - 802 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|St. Patrick's fundraiser aids pharmacy|
For the 13th year running, Doyle Jeter will host a St. Patrick's Day fundraiser to benefit St. Vincent de Paul community pharmacy.
Jeter said the 2009 St. Patrick's Day event at Enoch's Irish Pub in Monroe will feature something new. Local artist Linda Rambin will be the event's honorary Grand Marshall.
Last year, Rambin was diagnosed with a life-threatening illness and, since that time, has fought courageously.
Jeter said her strength and courage have been inspirational to so many people that he wanted to do something special in her recognition.
"What we are doing this year is the money raised for the St. Vincent de Paul Society will be dedicated in Linda's name," Jeter said. "Usually, we do it in the name of the Grand Marshall."
The 2009 fundraiser will be held Monday, March 17, beginning at 4 p.m.
Jeter said the day holds special significance for people because of St. Patrick's charitable works.
"You know our old quote," Jeter said. "If we don't raise money for charity on St. Patrick's Day, we will not open our doors."
As in years past, the event will feature a raffle, drink specials and Irish foods.
Previously, the top prize in the raffle has been a $200-bottle of Midleton Irish Whiskey.
This year, Jeter said there are two big prizes in addition to the traditional Midleton.
Two lucky winners will walk away with either a golf bag donated by the Guinness Brewery in Ireland or a hand-made quilt crafted by St. Vincent de Paul volunteers Betty Cummings and Joanne Crone.
Jeter encouraged anyone interested in a traditional St. Patrick's Day celebration to come by and support the St. Vincent de Paul Society in a traditionally Irish way.
In addition to Irish food and spirits, the event will feature live music by some of the region's top Irish folk talent.
"We'd like everyone to know this is a very traditional St. Patrick's Day celebration," Jeter said. "It's all Irish."