Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Monroe awaits GDT decision
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Monroe awaits GDT decision|
Mayor Jamie Mayo remains optimistic that Gardner Denver Thomas will remain and expand its operations in Monroe, especially after seeing the incentives package the state offered the company.
Gardner Denver Thomas was expected to make a decision on its consolidation plans by early March, but that decision has not been made.
The company is contemplating maintaining its presence in Monroe and expanding it by moving its employees to Monroe from the company's operations in Sheboygan, Wis.
The company also is considering closing its Monroe plant and moving those jobs to its location in Sheboygan, Wis.
If Gardner Denver Thomas' remains in Monroe, it will bring more than 200 jobs when it closes the facility in Sheboygan, Wis. The Monroe facility employees 86 people.
"At this point, we are still in a holding pattern, if you will, waiting on the decision from the company," Mayo said. "We're still very confident about the proposal the city and the state put together. It's in the hands of the company."
"They had indicated they would make a decision by the first of March, and it appears that at the earliest the decision will be at the end of March," Mayo said. "I don't want to speculate, but I'm confident that our proposal is one that they cannot ignore."
Mayo said previously that Monroe's incentives package was the best the city has ever offered a company to invest locally. He also said he is pleased with the state's incentives package.
"Both the city's and state's incentives are very strong," Mayo said.
Gardner Denver Thomas manufactures vacuum pumps that are used in the petroleum and industrial markets.