Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: ULM sweeps Grambling
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|ULM sweeps Grambling|
Freshman Tony Dischler pitched six strong innings in his first career start and the ULM bats came alive late as the Warhawks won their sixth straight game with an 11-7 victory over Grambling State Sunday afternoon at Tiger Field.
The Warhawks (6-1) completed the three-game sweep of Grambling, scoring nine runs over the final three innings and pounding out 12 of their 16 hits over the final five innings of the game.
The Warhawks began their rally with a pair of runs in the fourth inning. Jordy Poche, who finished the game 4-for-6, started the inning with a single up the middle and later came home to score on a Matt Collins single through the right side of the infield.
Three batters later Collins came home to score on a wild pitch. Collins finished the game 5-for-6 with 4 RBIs.
Poche had a breakout week for the Warhawks finishing 9-for-16 from the plate with three RBIs and five runs scored. The sophomore also started on the mound in ULM's 4-3 victory at No. 34 Tulane on Wednesday.
He went five strong innings and allowed just a pair of runs while striking out six Green Wave batters.
Following a pair of scoreless innings, ULM broke the game open with a five spot in the seventh inning. Ben Soignier drove home the first run of the inning and the senior shortstop now has 14 RBIs on the season and at least one in all seven games.
Matt Laird drove home the second run of the inning with an infield single. A throwing error on the play allowed Collins to come around and score. After the Tigers intentionally walked Kelvin York to load the bases, Jon Prevost doubled to left-center to score a pair of runs.
Dischler (1-0) picked up the victory scattering six hits and striking out a pair of batters. He allowed just three runs — two earned — in his six innings of work. Drew Graham pitched two scoreless innings in relief of Dischler, allowing just one base hit.
Grambling State jumped out to a 3-0 lead after the second inning. The Tigers plated a pair of runs in the opening frame on a ULM fielding error and one of two balks called in the inning. GSU scored a run in the second on another ULM fielding error and plated four runs in the bottom of the ninth inning.
Brandon Wright (0-2) took the loss for the Tigers allowing five runs on 10 hits over 6.1 innings.
The Warhawks will begin conference play at Western Kentucky in a three-game set beginning Friday night and continuing through the weekend.