Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OCS closes out season with Delhi loss
- 2013 - 962 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|OCS closes out season with Delhi loss|
The Ouachita Christian School Eagles ended their season with a 74-59 loss at Delhi Tuesday night in the second round of the Class 1A state basketball playoffs.
Charlandus Simpkins scored a game-high 37 points to go along with six rebounds in the victory for the home-standing Bears (19-13).
"They shot so much better than we did," OCS head coach Jeff Thomas said. "We just did not make enough shots, especially from three-point range. When you only make two threes in a game it is tough to win on the road."
Chris Dupont led OCS once again with 34 points. Dupont leaves OCS as one of the most prolific scorers in school history. Levare Davis added 8 points for the Eagles.
OCS was within striking distance in the first half as they trailed Delhi 35-27 at the break. OCS made just 13-of-34 shots in the first two quarters.
The Delhi defense frustrated the Eagles all night. OCS ended the game with 20 turnovers, compared to 15 by the Bears.
Dupont and fellow senior Micah Shackelford were instrumental in guiding OCS to their best season of basketball in school history.
OCS advanced to the second round of the playoffs for only the second time in school history in 2009.
The 2008-2009 team also will be remembered as the only team so far to beat Grambling High School during district play.
"We made great strides in our program," Thomas said. "We are excited about the guys we have coming back and look forward to getting even better next year."
Davis and key bench players like Colby Webb and Paul Michael Garner return for the Eagles in the fall.
"I think the biggest thing is we have to improve our man defense," Thomas said. "On offense we need to handle the man defense better and be able to attack it as well."
OCS has tentative plans to participate in a summer league with Sterlington again this year as they prepare for next season.