Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Wossman beats Bogalusa on way to rivalry matchup
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Wossman beats Bogalusa on way to rivalry matchup|
The Wossman Wildcats will visit Richwood in a rematch of the Class 3A state championship game a year ago.
The Wildcats tip-off against Richwood Friday night at 7 p.m. The meeting will be the third this season and the sixth game between the schools in the last two years.
"It is similar to what is was last year," Wossman head coach Dale Zimmerman said. "Only now it is for a ticket to the Top 28 and Richwood will have the home court advantage."
Richwood and Wossman each won on the other team's home court during the regular season. Richwood won in overtime the last time the schools met on the basketball court.
To get to this point, Wossman had to withstand a furious comeback in the second round of the playoffs by Bogalusa before pulling out a 69-61 victory.
The Wildcats were led by Martez Sellars with 21 points and Curtis Gay added 16 points for Wossman.
Wossman built a 18-8 advantage after the first quarter of play. Wossman extended the lead to as many as 19 points before the wheels feel off.
"We made some turnovers and lost our composure down there," Zimmerman said. "They chipped away at the lead but we held on to it."
Wossman lead by just eight points at halftime as Bogalusa began to get their shooters going as well as push Wossman around defensively.
In the third quarter, things did not get much better for Wossman. Jonathan Ross, the Wildcats' top rebounder, found himself in foul trouble and sat out most of the third period of play.
In the fourth quarter, Bogalusa took advantage inside with Ross on the bench and tied the game.
Sellars found his shooting touch and Wossman converted at the free-throw line down the stretch to get the victory.