Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Local junior miss program set for this Saturday
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Local junior miss program set for this Saturday|
Eleven junior girls from Ouachita Parish will have the opportunity to follow in the footsteps of Diane Sawyer and Deborah Norville when they compete for the title of Ouachita's Junior Miss.
The event is sponsored by the Pilot Club of the Twin Cities. It will be held Saturday, March 7 at the West Monroe High School auditorium, beginning at 6:30 p.m.
The winner will go on to compete in the Louisiana Junior Miss Program, an official preliminary of the America's Junior Miss Scholarship program.
Featured entertainer will be Ouachita's Junior Miss of 2009, Mallory Debnam.
Debnam is a senior at West Monroe High School. She was first runner up and overall scholastic achievement winner at Louisiana's Junior Miss in July 2008.
Monroe Mayor Jamie Mayo and West Monroe Mayor Dave Norris as well as the Ouachita Parish Police Jury have declared the week of March 1 through March 7 as Ouachita Parish Junior Miss as Ouachita Parish Junior Miss Week in the Twin Cities.
Representing the junior miss class of 2010 are:
Kemper Block, West Monroe High School
Keely Childress, St. Frederick High School
RoQuintessa Givens, Carroll High School
April McCarty, Neville High School
Maggie McGuffee, Ouachita Parish High School
Emily Spence, Sterlington High School
Paige Talley, Ouachita Parish High School
Julianne Tippen, West Monroe High School
Katie vonDiezelski, West Monroe High School
Lara Whorton, Ouachita Parish High School
Joni Wilson, West Ouachita High School
The categories in which each participant is evaluated include scholastic, talent, self-expression, fitness and interview.
The program's goal is to honor young women who excel in all these areas and to encourage them to continue on the path of excellence by completing their college education and assuming roles of leadership in their communities and professions.
This year Ouachita Junior Miss is implementing the Little Sis program for young girls in grades 2 through 5. Each Junior Miss was given a Little Sis to mentor and share the Junior Miss experience with her.
Representing the Little Sis class are: Anna Cranford, Rebecca Black, Joanna Calhoun, Olivia Myers, Macy Nicholson, Catherine Pruitt, Meredith Parker, Baylei Manning, Anna Carr, Jewell McGuffee, Kati Young and Macy Debnam.
Tickets for the March 7th program are $6 for adults and $3 for students an may be purchased at the door.