Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Parishwide 'clean up' on tap Saturday
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Parishwide 'clean up' on tap Saturday|
Keep Ouachita Parish Beautiful, the Ouachita Parish Police Jury and the cities of Monroe and West Monroe will take part in the Great American Cleanup Saturday. The town of Sterlington will participate as well.
Keep Ouachita Parish Beautiful, Keep Monroe Beautiful and Keep West Monroe Beautiful partners will lead teams of volunteers Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon to clean up the community.
More than 2.3 million volunteers across the country will join the Great American Cleanup to improve their communities.
In West Monroe, people can meet up at the Farmer's Market on North 7th Street at 7:30 a.m. for a "kick-off rally" where participants can register, get cleanup assignments and supplies.
In Monroe, volunteers should meet at the Monroe City Hall at 8:30 a.m.
For Ouachita Parish, volunteers should call 325-5326 for locations to meet to begin clean-up efforts.
The town of Sterlington asks that volunteers meet at the town hall 8 a.m. Saturday where the community would begin picking up trash until noon.
Mayor Vern Breland will cook hamburgers for volunteers.
The beautification groups are looking for volunteers from churches, schools, colleges and universities, businesses, local families, civic groups, and non-profit agencies.
If inclement weather persists Saturday, West Monroe and Ouachita Parish will reschedule the cleanup for 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, March 21. Monroe's rainout date would be 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, March 14.
Keep America Beautiful's Great American Cleanup is the nation's largest community improvement program held in the 50 states.
In 2008, Great American Cleanup volunteers collected 86 pounds of litter and debris, planted more than 100,000 trees and 48,000 gardens.
Locally, volunteers each year pick up tons of trash and debris throughout the community.