Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Glenwood celebrates HealthGrade award
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- March 31st, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 30th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 29th, 2009 (Sunday) - 2 articles
- March 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- March 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 25 articles
- March 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 11 articles
- March 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- March 22nd, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- March 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 6 articles
- March 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 35 articles
- March 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- March 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 2 articles
- March 16th, 2009 (Monday) - 3 articles
- March 14th, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- March 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 2 articles
- March 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- March 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 15 articles
- March 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- March 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 31 articles
- March 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- March 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- March 2nd, 2009 (Monday) - 2 articles
- March 1st, 2009 (Sunday) - 1 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Glenwood celebrates HealthGrade award|
Glenwood Regional Medical Center was awarded HealthGrade's "Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence" during a ceremony at the hospital late last week.
Glenwood is ranked among the nation's top five percent of hospitals, according to HealthGrade's independent study of mortality and complication rates for nearly 5,000 hospitals.
Glenwood is one of two hospitals in the state to receive the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence. It also was a recipient of the award in 2008, 2006 and 2005.
"This is an award that took all of us to receive," said Glenwood CEO Ron Elder. "This award was received on behalf of everyone involved in the care of our patients in this facility."
"This award means there is less mortality, fewer post-operative complications, and in short, better quality of outcomes," Elder added.
According to HealthGrades, hospitals that receive the award are 27 percent less likely to die and eight percent less likely to suffer from a major complication.
Only 270 of the nation's nearly 5,000 non-federal hospitals will received the distinction this year.
If all 5,000 hospitals met the criteria, an estimated 152,000 lives would be saved each year, Elder said.
"These are lofty standards to be measured by and we've been ranked No. 1 of two hospitals in Louisiana, and we're in the top five percent," Elder said. "We have a lot to be proud of."
"The message we want to deliver to the community and to our patients is: if you have a patient who has the needs of our services, we want you to know that we are the best," Elder continued. "We've demonstrated that we have the best health outcomes, and this is where you need to be to have your healthcare taken care of.
"We deal with human life, and our job is to make it better. This is one of the few businesses I know of where the customer doesn't want to be here. They have to be here, and they have to trust us. We are Glenwood, we are the hospital of West Monroe, and we are the hospital of this region. All of us should be proud of that."
Sandra McRee, president and CEO of IASIS Healthcare, said excellent hospital must employ the right people to make it successful.
"When people come here, what do they remember? They remember the people who treat them like family," she said.
In HealthGrades' "Distinguished Hospital Study," the company reviewed nearly 41 million hospitalization records from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, for the years of 2005, 2006 and 2007.
All hospitals that participate in Medicare were part of the independent study. Hospitals that received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence were hospitals that ranked in the top five percent when all individual scores are aggregated into an overall score.