Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Carroll outlasts Wossman, both look to playoffs
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Carroll outlasts Wossman, both look to playoffs|
The Carroll Bulldogs completed a great second-half comeback by beating parish rival the Wossman Wildcats 77-71 Tuesday night in the Triple-Header at the Monroe Civic Center.
Xavier Lee scored 12 points to lead the Bulldogs past the Wildcats in the final game of a three-game set put on by the City of Monroe.
Wossman took control early and led 15-11 after the first quarter of play. The Bulldogs forced a tie in the second quarter at 19-19.
Wossman hit a jump shot by Miguel Gibson at the buzzer to take a 22-20 lead into the locker room at halftime.
Carroll pressured on defense the entire second half and Wossman let the ball slip away, leading to transition baskets for Carroll in the fourth quarter.
Martez Sellars led Wossman with 12 points while Gibson finished with eight points for the Wildcats.
Both teams will qualify for their respective classification playoff. Carroll is projected to be the No.20 seed and visit Istrouma near Baton Rouge on Friday night.
Wossman will be at home as the No.4-seed in Class 3A. The defending state champions will host the Baker Buffaloes in the opening round of the playoffs.
On the girl's side of the playoff picture, both Wossman and Carroll are still alive going into quarterfinal games Thursday evening.
Carroll (27-1) will host Peabody Magnet of Alexandria on Thursday night at 6 p.m. The Lady Bulldogs rolled past Bossier in the second round Monday night, 70-49. Elexar Tuglar led the way for the Lady Bulldogs, who are one win away from being able to play the semi-final round in Monroe at Fant Ewing Coliseum.
The Ladies Top 28 Tournament will return to ULM next week for the first time in four years.
Wossman is also alive in the ladies playoff bracket.Wossman will visit fifth-ranked St. Louis on Thursday night.
Wossman beat Northwest High School 40-29 for their ticket to the quarterfinals. Judy Jones led the way for the Lady Wildcats in that game.