Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Monroe submits incentives package to Gardner Denver Thomas
- 2013 - 844 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Monroe submits incentives package to Gardner Denver Thomas|
Monroe Mayor Jamie Mayo says the city's incentives package to keep Gardner Denver Thomas here is the best the city has ever placed on the table.
The city on Monday sent its incentives package to Gardner Denver Thomas' headquarters.
Mayo said the company will decide next week whether it will keep its facility open in Monroe, or move those jobs to Sheboygan, Wis.
The company is looking to consolidate its Monroe and Sheboygan, Wis., operations. The company will remain in Monroe and transfer the employees from Wisconsin here, or the company will move its Monroe operations to Wisconsin.
If Gardner Denver Thomas' remains in Monroe, it will bring more than 200 jobs when it closes the facility in Sheboygan, Wis.
The Monroe facility employees 86 people.
The state also will present an incentives package to Gardner Denver Thomas, Mayo said.
Mayo could not comment on the city's incentives package at this time, and he says he has not seen the state's offering.
"At this point we cannot talk about the incentives, but I can say the city has presented a very strong incentives package to not only keep the company here, but get them to consolidate into the local facility," Mayo said. "If the state's (incentives package) is as equal or better than ours, I think it would be very difficult for them to say no."
"We are very optimistic because this is the best incentive package that the city has put together," he said. "We're very confident in what we are presenting. We think this would be one of our best acquisitions, probably second to CenturyTel's recent acquisition of Embarq."
Gardner Denver Thomas manufactures vacuum pumps that are used in the petroleum and industrial markets.