Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Glenwood garners coveted HealthGrades award
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Glenwood garners coveted HealthGrades award|
A new independent study by HealthGrades ranks Glenwood Regional Medical Center among the nation's top five percent of hospitals. The designation was based on a review of mortality and complication rates for nearly 5,000 hospitals.
HealthGrades is the nation's leading healthcare ratings company.
HealthGrades will award Glenwood with the 2009 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence (today) Thursday, Feb. 26.
Glenwood received the award in 2005, 2006 and 2008. Glenwood is one of two hospitals in the state to receive the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence.
According to the study, patients admitted to a hospital that received the HealthGrades award are, on average, 27 percent less likely to die and eight percent less likely to suffer from a major complication.
This year, only 270 of the nation's nearly 5,000 non-federal hospitals received the HealthGrades distinction. This year also marked the seventh year HealthGrades analyzed the clinical quality performance of all non-federal hospitals across the country.
In HealthGrades' "Distinguished Hospital Study," the company reviewed nearly 41 million hospitalization records from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, for the years of 2005, 2006 and 2007.
All hospitals that participate in Medicare were part of the independent study. Hospitals that received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence were hospitals that ranked in the top five percent when all individual scores are aggregated into an overall score.
Glenwood CEO Ron Elder commended the physicians and staff at the hospital, saying, "At Glenwood Regional Medical Center, we have a skillful and dedicated team of clinicians and employees. It is because of their hard work and commitment that our patients and their families receive quality healthcare that is among the best in the nation."
In addition to the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence, Glenwood Regional Medical Center has a variety of 2009 clinical achievements including:
Ranked among the top 10 percent in the nation for cardiac surgery.
Five-star rated for cardiac surgery and coronary bypass surgery.
Five-star rated for valve replacement surgery.
Five-star rated for hip fracture repair.
Five-star rated for total knee replacement.
Five-star rated for carotid surgery.
Ranked among the top five in Louisiana for gastro-intestinal services, gastro-intestinal surgery, gastro-intestinal medical treatment and overall critical care services.
Best rated in the Monroe area for gastro-intestinal Services, gastro-intestinal surgery and gastro-intestinal medical treatment.
Five-star rated for gastro-intestinal surgery and cholecystectomy.
Five-star rated for treatment of gastro-intestinal bleeding.
Five-star rated for treatment of pulmonary embolism and respiratory failure.