Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Accent to expand in Monroe
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Accent to expand in Monroe|
Accent Marketing plans to hire 70 more people at its Monroe call center over the next three weeks, a company spokesman said Tuesday afternoon.
The additional employees would work in customer service, bringing Accent's total employee count to 468.
The additional employees will increase the company's annual payroll by $1.4 million for a total annual payroll of $12.8 million.
According to Accent president and CEO Kevin Foley, the company was hiring the additional employees to support increased customer call volume.
Accent Marketing began taking calls at its new call center in the old State Farm Building off Interstate 20 on Nov. 6, 2007. The call center reportedly handles more than 700,000 calls per month for Boost Mobile customers.
Newly hired customer service representatives will provide customer care and technical support on behalf of Boost Mobile, a leading prepaid wireless service provider.
"Accent is thrilled to be able to make additional investments in the Monroe community," Foley said. "Now more than ever it is important for companies to grow valuable customer relationships. We are committed to helping our client acquire, support, retain, and grow their customers."
Individuals interested in applying for one of the customer service representative positions should apply in person at the call center at 22 Accent Dr. in Monroe. Applications will be accepted Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to noon and 1-4 p.m.
Accent recruiters also will attend the Northeast Louisiana Career Fair Thursday, March 5, from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Monroe Civic Center Conference Hall. Applicants must be 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or GED as well as six months of customer service experience.
Accent provides new employees with paid training and hourly pay rates starting at $9.05 per hour with bonus opportunities as well as a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance.