Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Wossman set to play Saint Charles Thursday
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Wossman set to play Saint Charles Thursday|
The Wossman Lady Wildcats manhandled Madison on Friday night 46-38 to set up a home playoff game against Saint Charles this Thursday night.
Judy Jones led Wossman with 22 points and the Lady Wildcats (19-5, 9-1) claimed another district crown.
Wossman jumped out to an early lead before Madion made a big comeback in the second quarter.
The two teams went back and forth all night before Wossman made big defensive stops and even more important free throw shots in the final period of play.
Wossman will host Saint Charles as the No.5 seed in this season's Class 3A playoffs. The power rankings set Saint Charles as the No.28 team in the state.
St. Charles (19-11, 6-2) was second in their district after losing to Plaquemines in a district championship game on Monday, 52-42.
They will present a challenge in speed and shooting for Wossman. Wossman has won 10 of their last 11 games and had only one loss in district play to Madison Parish.
The Wossman Wildcats still have a week before the playoffs begin for the boys teams around the state.
Wossman will take Friday night off before playing their cross-town rival Carroll Bulldogs in a "Twin City Triple-Header" at the Monroe Civic Center on Tuesday.
Wossman will play Carroll at 8 p.m. after West Monroe meets Madison and Ruston tangles with the Rayville Hornets.
This will be their first high school action at the Civic Center in over a decade. Wossman and Carroll have already met twice this season.
Wossman, the defending Class 3A champions, won both times. They beat Carroll 54-50 on Nov. 26 before besting the Bulldogs on Jan. 2, 50-48.