Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: West Ouachita ends basketball season with loss
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|West Ouachita ends basketball season with loss|
The West Ouachita Chiefs ended their basketball season with a 79-29 loss to the Neville Tigers Friday night.
Neville got 18 points from Artez Bynum as the Tigers rolled to another district win. It is now a waiting game to see if Neville will reach the Class 4A playoffs next week.
West Ouachita ends their first season under head coach Josh Brown with a 9-21 record. The Chiefs went 0-8 in district 2-4A play.
"We could not make the shots and they did is all it came down to," West Ouachita head coach Josh Brown said. "We have to rebound better and make shots. They jumped out to a big lead and it was downhill from there."
Gary Thomas was the bread and butter for the Chiefs this season averaging over 12 points per game in district play. Caci Phillps and Andrew Harris also had big moments for a West Ouachita team that will return the bulk of their line-up next season.
"We are undersized in this district," Brown said. "We have to fight for every rebound and box out on every shot to compete."
West Ouachita wants to get bigger and stronger in the off-season to better compete with much more physical play in their own district.
Carroll and Neville also have young teams that should make for a heck of a district competition next season.
The Lady Chiefs lost their final game Friday night to Neville, 66-18. Neville jumped out to a big lead and would not let up the defensive pressure on the out-manned West Ouachita squad.
Neville never really allowed the Chiefs to get back into the contest after the opening couple of minutes. The offensive rhythm of West Ouachita was thrown off by Neville's intense defensive set.
West Ouachita will also have only two senior players for the Lady Chiefs and look to be much improved next year if things go as planned during their summer work-outs.