Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: WM girls host playoff game
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|WM girls host playoff game|
It took four overtimes to decide, but the West Monroe Lady Rebels are district 1-5A champions once again.
West Monroe outlasted Natchitoches Central 103-101 at Minden High School Monday night to claim the title.
The two teams split a pair of games in the regular season to force a sudden death final at a neutral court to determine the district champion.
Kassietta Brown led the way for West Monroe (20-7, 5-1) with 22 points. Jasmine Jones scored 20 points, Ashlie Lewis added 19 points and Miranda Holt scored 18 for the Lady Rebels.
"Both teams were pretty much equal," West Monroe head coach John Green said. "We went blow for blow. We had enough left in the tank at the end to beat a real good basketball team."
The Lady Rebels begin their quest to reach the Top 28 again this year when they host Mount Carmel of New Orleans on Thursday night.
Mount Carmel defeated Class 4A powerhouse Parkway earlier in the year and finished third in the same district as top-seed Chapplle and No.11 Dominican, a team West Monroe beat for the state championship in 2004.
On the boys' side, the Rebels still have a pair of games left on the docket for the regular season.
West Monroe will host Ouachita in a district contest Friday night at 7 p.m. Ouachita has beaten West Monroe 3-out-of-4 times this season with the last meeting being a 61-46 victory at Ouachita last Tuesday.
West Monroe got a big road win at Ruston this Tuesday night with a 44-41 victory over the Bearcats.
Chucky Glass scored 16 to lead the Rebels. Urald King added 14 points for the Rebels. Ouachita also got a victory by defeating Natchitoches Central at home Tuesday, 68-50.
Jeremy Mitchell scored 18 points and Mike Shaw added 14 points and 11 rebounds to pace the Lions.
The Lady Lions also will be in the playoffs with a first-round home date with the No.17 Bonnabel Bruins. Ouachita is the No.16-seed in the playoffs this year.
Ouachita has been banged up lately with injuries in the starting rotation. Ouachita hopes to be back near full strength with the extra rest time before the playoffs begin Thursday night.