Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: OCS takes care of business, Lady Eagles begin playoffs
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|OCS takes care of business, Lady Eagles begin playoffs|
The Ouachita Christian Eagles and Lady Eagles beat their rivals from Saint Frederick on Friday night in front of a packed gymnasium at OCS.
The Eagles beat St. Fred 60-46 in a game never really in doubt for the Eagles. Chris Dupont scored 23 points and eight rebounds to lead the Eagles.
Levare Davis added 11 points while Micah Shackelford scored nine points and grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds for the Eagles.
Saint Frederick was led by the 18 points of Joe Edwards. Spencer Craft scored 10 points along with eight rebounds for the Warriors (1-29, 0-10).
Tuesday night, OCS beat Delhi 56-53 to improve their playoff stock. Dupont went for 26 points in the win.
"We are battling for everything right now," OCS coach Jeff Thomas said. "I think we are relying on the three-point shot too much right now."
OCS will travel to the Hall of Fame Classic in Caldwell Parish this Saturday where they will play Epps High School. The Caldwell Spartans will also be in the tournament.
Saint Frederick ends their season on a sour note with the loss to the Eagles. Spencer Craft and Anthony Marshall each averaged around 15 points per game in district play for the Warriors.
The OCS Lady Eagles beat the Lady Warriors 59-40 on Friday night. The win earned them a spot in the Class 1A playoffs.
OCS will travel to No.5 Plain Dealing on Thursday night at 6 p.m. to begin the playoffs. OCS was led in scoring on Friday night by Mallory Fields with 29 points.