Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Carroll hosts Bastrop as district race heats up
- 2013 - 845 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Carroll hosts Bastrop as district race heats up|
The Carroll Bulldogs will host the Bastrop Rams Friday night in Monroe in what promises to be a huge game in the playoff race for each squad.
Carroll (12-14, 4-1) took a step toward their goal of a district 2-4A championship with a 58-51 victory over district leading Franklin Parish on Tuesday night.
Carroll is now a half game away from the crown with three league games remaining in the regular season.
Xavier Lee led the way for the Bulldogs against Franklin Parish as he scored a game-high 19 points.
Lee is averaging 16 points per game in district play as the senior continues to command the court for the Bulldogs.
Will Mellon added 12 points as one of the young players with limited experience to carry the load for Carroll lately.
"We have had some young kids step up," Carroll head coach Jesse Burnett said. "These young men have done everything we have asked of them. We have seen a lot of improvement over the course of the season from such a young team."
While short on experience after graduating seven players last spring, the Bulldogs have come alive in district play and have formed a bond that could lead them to district crown.
Bastrop has improved since a horrible 1-17 start as they beat West Ouachita Tuesday night for another district win.
"Bastrop is a very dangerous team," Burnett said. "We have to put in the extra time to be a good team. We have improved our free throws and are getting better at rebounding the basketball. Little things like that is what it is all about."
The Lady Bulldogs will also host Bastrop on Friday night. Carroll beat Franklin Parish 60-35 to firmly grip the district lead with a record of 7-0.
Elexar Tuglar has paced Carroll with over 15 points per game in district play. Carroll has seen some young bench players log key minutes as of late as well.
Carroll will begin with girl's action at 6 p.m. and the boys will follow shortly after the conclusion of the first contest.