Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Foundation recommends Corder for CEO post
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Foundation recommends Corder for CEO post|
The Living Well Foundation has recommended Dr. Jan Corder for its position of president/chief operating officer.
The board voted unanimously Wednesday during its regular meeting to recommend that Corder be hired to serve as CEO of the foundation.
The recommendation of Corder, a member of the Living Well Foundation board of directors, must be approved by Hospital Service District No. 1. The foundation also will acquire an opinion from the state Attorney General about the proposed nomination of Corder since she currently is a member of the foundation's board of directors.
Blake Wheelis, vice chairman of the foundation's board for planning and operations, said, "When Jan became available she was a perfect fit for the job at the foundation. She has worked in the public sector, the private sector, and she has experience in the medical field. From day one, she has been involved with the foundation. She certainly has demonstrated a great deal of passion toward improving health care in our area."
The foundation originally intended to conduct a search for a new CEO after former CEO Paul West resigned to accept a position as executive director of a new workforce group, New Opportunities Vision Achievement. West had been CEO since January 2007.
Corder retired from the University of Louisiana-Monroe, where she at one time served as interim dean of the College of Health Sciences.