Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: Wossman keeps with district pace
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|Wossman keeps with district pace|
As the area district basketball races get ready to come to an end in the coming weeks, Wossman is in the thick of things on both boys' and girls' courts.
The Wildcats took a much needed victory at Rayville Tuesday as they prepare for a double-header Friday night at the "Purple Spectrum" against Green Oaks.
With three district games left to go, Wossman has found consistency within their offense that has allowed the Wildcats to reel off wins in four of their last six games.
"We keep getting better," Wossman head coach Dale Zimmerman said. "We have to be more consistent at times in district play."
Wossman is in second-place tie with the Madison Jaguars in district 1-3A right now. The defending Class 3A state champions trail Richwood in the standings, but are off to a 7-0 start in district play.
Green Oaks is coming off a 65-64 loss to Richwood on Tuesday night. The Wildcats hope to continue their rebounding dominance and hot shooting to get out on Green Oaks early enough to grab the lead and hold on.
Holding on to the lead has not come easy in district play for the Wildcats. The last week has seen even more intensity on the court from the young Wossman team, making for a good second half of the season.
The Lady Wildcats were led by Judy Jones with 22 points to cruise past Rayville, 58-34 on Tuesday night.
Wossman has won six of their last seven games and can lock up the district championship with two more wins and a loss by Madison, who is currently 7-0 in district play.
Tip-off at Wossman Friday night is scheduled for 6 p.m. for the Lady Wildcats with the Wildcats beginning at 7:30 p.m.