Should members of the LSU Board of Supervisors disclose who receives their scholarships?|
Story Archives: River Oaks rolls through district play
- 2013 - 801 articles
- 2012 - 1954 articles
- 2011 - 2029 articles
- 2010 - 2139 articles
- 2009 - 2066 articles
- December 2009 - 163 articles
- November 2009 - 166 articles
- October 2009 - 231 articles
- September 2009 - 161 articles
- August 2009 - 136 articles
- July 2009 - 153 articles
- June 2009 - 126 articles
- May 2009 - 164 articles
- April 2009 - 242 articles
- March 2009 - 204 articles
- February 2009 - 163 articles
- February 28th, 2009 (Saturday) - 3 articles
- February 27th, 2009 (Friday) - 1 articles
- February 26th, 2009 (Thursday) - 28 articles
- February 25th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 24th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 3 articles
- February 23rd, 2009 (Monday) - 1 articles
- February 21st, 2009 (Saturday) - 4 articles
- February 19th, 2009 (Thursday) - 27 articles
- February 18th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 9 articles
- February 17th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 1 articles
- February 13th, 2009 (Friday) - 10 articles
- February 12th, 2009 (Thursday) - 12 articles
- February 11th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 10 articles
- February 10th, 2009 (Tuesday) - 4 articles
- February 5th, 2009 (Thursday) - 23 articles
- February 4th, 2009 (Wednesday) - 12 articles
- February 3rd, 2009 (Tuesday) - 5 articles
- January 2009 - 157 articles
- 2008 - 1757 articles
|River Oaks rolls through district play|
The River Oaks Mustangs (16-5, 6-3) will travel to Adams County Christian School Thursday night in their final district game of the regular season as things heat up in District 2-2A of the Mississippi Private School Association.
Last Friday night, Trinity Episcopal came to River Oaks and handed the Mustangs a 71-67 loss in overtime. Trinity was 7-of-8 from the free-throw line in the extra period.
The victory gave Trinity (28-5, 8-1) the district championship and leaves River Oaks with a very interesting scenario this week heading toward the state tournament.
Vincent Moore scored 26 points to pace River Oaks. Will White scored 16 points before being injured and did not return in the overtime period. The knee injury will leave him day-to-day but coaches expect him to be back Thursday. Cody Trichell chipped in 12 points for the Mustangs.
"Vincent (Moore) is a sophomore who has been playing real well," River Oaks head coach Roger Stockton said. "He distributes the ball and get to the basket and can score, too."
River Oaks can force a one-game playoff for the district's No.2 seed against Chamberlin-Hunt if they win Thursday.
The game would be played at 7 p.m. this Friday at Riverfield Acadmey in Rayville. River Oaks split a pair of games against Chamberlin-Hunt earlier this season.
On Tuesday night, River Oaks beat Riverfield to rebound into the win column by a score of 49-46.
Moore again led the way with 20 points while Trichell added 14 points to pace the Mustangs in front of an excited home crowd in Monroe.